Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Sad Realization

So, one of my new addictions that has come about from being home all day with Alexa is my love of blogs. I love reading blogs. Ever heard the term "Facebook stalker"? I'm not one of those, I'm worse. I'm a blog stalker. But it's so interesting! I love seeing what exciting things are going on in other people's lives, or just the differences in our lives. I like seeing what people do in their spare time and how they decorate their homes. And I love reading and don't ever go to the library....
Anyways, my realization is that this addiction has made me a hypocrite. Whenever someone goes a week without updating their blog, I always find myself wishing they would do it asap. And yet, this post, this very post, is coming about 3 weeks after my last post. Another way it makes me a hypocrite is that I almost never comment on people's blogs. For some reason I'm self-conscious or something (maybe because about half the people I blog stalk don't know that I read theirs....). But, I love getting comments. See? Hypocritical. So my new goals are to blog more often, and to comment more often, at least on the blogs of people that already know that I read their blogs.
And because no post would be complete without a picture of the newest and cutest member of our family, here's Alexa in her new Memorial Day dress from my mom.

4 comments:

Julie Briggs said...

Don't worry, you're not the only one when it comes to updates. I don't update very often anymore, but I check everyone else's on almost a daily basis and get bummed when there's nothing to read!

Mark and Shauna said...

I agree I love reading blogs as well and wish pple would update more often even if I'm a week or more behind on updating mine! It is so fun to read about what's going on in pple's lives! Alexa looks SO cute in that dress! We need to get together!

Joanna said...

I'm terrible at blog stalking. The worst is when someone makes their blog private and you're not sure if you should request an invitation because you haven't talked to them in years and never commented to let them know you found their blog six months ago.

And I'm sure you were talking about me when you mentioned that people never update. I seriously need to do a post tonight.

Oh, and Alexa is beautiful, but I'm sure you already know that. :)

Devin, Melia, and Eli said...

I've thought the same thing so many times and yet, here I am, updating like once a month. Good luck with your new goal, you can do it!!!