Thursday, January 8, 2009

VA, Christmas, Anniversary and everything else

So, Mike and I are in our last "real" semester of school. For me, ever. For him, it'll be another several years. I don't envy him at all. So far this semester looks like it will be very busy, but pretty good. On my first day I already had two papers due the next class plus a bunch of readings. That's not really a good sign, but at least I won't be bored!

We got back from VA on Saturday and came back to a very cold and white Utah. On Monday it started snowing around noon and didn't stop until sometime last night. It was pretty bad, but the roads are finally being cleared, so at least it isn't as scary as it was for awhile there.

In Va we had a pretty relaxing time. All of my brothers were there with their families for at least a little while, so we spent a lot of time with them. Christmas was really nice, our main gift being the tickets out there. We got some clothes and books and gift cards, too. We celebrated our anniversary on the 28th with my family (just had the cake and some sparkling cider) and then on the 29th we went out to Outback and to a movie. We had gift cards for both, but ended up getting dinner for free because they took so long getting it out, so we still have the full gift card!

The last day we were there we finally went into DC and saw a few things Mike's really been wanting to go to. We went to the Spy Museum which Mike loved. He looked at every single thing and took his sweet time in there :) Then we walked around to see some other things he was looking forward to seeing. First was the National Christmas Tree:

Then the White House:

We went with my parents, so here they are with the White House:

And here we are!


I thought I'd throw this picture in for good measure. This is Mike skipping as he takes the trash out. I wonder how long it will take him to notice I put it up?



We have one other really exciting announcement, but this is pretty long so I'll post about it later!



3 comments:

Mark and Shauna said...

LOL- love the picture of Mike skipping to take out the trash! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun- wow, that's awesome that you got a free meal at Outback and still get to use your gift card!! By the way, didn't anyone ever tell you that you can't post "we have another exciting announcement that we'll post later..."... it is just wrong;).

Lisa said...

And to continue Shauna's comment, it is just wrong because people's minds start wandering and thinking up things that may or may not be true. By the time you let them wonder too long, well...the original news may or may not be as exciting as it would have been in the first place. Some of the things I have come up with are pretty good! Anyway, it looks like you have had a good holiday. I would love to see DC at Christmas time someday.

Matt and Sara said...

I think you owe me a picture on this thing......I made a blog but I think it's private and I don't know how to let you in....I think I need your blogging e-mail addy....