Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Finals and Christmas!

So, apparently I have this thing against posting when I don't have any pictures to liven it up... but I'll post anyways since it's been a really long time.

Mike and I are in midlle of finals week, although Mike is officially done with everything now. I'm very jealous of him. I have a final, an essay, and a research paper, plus 2 hours of watching presentations left. Needless to say, I am rather stressed and looking forward to the end of this week. Besides the end of finals, it also means going to Virginia! I'm really excited to go home and see my family. I haven't seen them since the beginning of August and I won't see them probably until graduation in the coming August.

Mike and I have gone to two Christmas parties in the last few days, and have played white elephant at both of them. The first party was a Thorup party, and it was a lot of fun. I met a lot of new people, and so did Mike! We found a second cousin that lives in Provo that may become a new double date friend, so that's pretty cool. We also got smencils. Can you guess what they are? We (I) got kinda jipped on the white elephant at that party, but that's ok. Tonight I had my work party. My boss took everyone out to Red Robin and then we did a white elephant and they had gotten us presents. We got a lot of Christmas decorations in the white elephant, so I'm really happy, I love decorations.

We also had our Bevans Christmas, we opened our presents from each other and from his family (parents and brother). We loved it all! Mark and Shauna got us an Applebee's gift card which is perfect for us! Then we got a lot of games and movies from Mom and Dad Bevans, and are having a lot of fun watching and playing them! All and all, this is shaping up to be a great Christmas!!!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Ok, I give up. What are smencils? Pencils that smell?! I hope your finals go well. Have a great time in Virginia. Luv ya!

Alli said...

We had a white elephant gift exchange at a party last night, and we came out with some pretty awesome stuff - a Big Mouth Billy Bass singing fish and a racetrack toy (which everyone's been playing with/fighting over all morning). Have a great Christmas!

Kim said...

I hope you guys had a great chistmas. It sounds like you guys had fun before you went to Virginia, and I am glad that your finals are over. I know those are a pain...you should just drop out like me :) just kidding