Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ode to my wifey

Alicia has been gone to Illinois for months now. Actually I just looked at the calendar and its only been two days. But I could've sworn it has been months...
Since she has been gone, my days have been extra long and meaningless. Earlier today, my first real day without her, I have vivid memories of sitting on the couch bored, thinking of things to do, and coming up with nothing. So I would continue to go through idea after idea until I came to one I decided I would try. Then I would notice the clock. A MINUTE had gone by. That was it. A MINUTE. And I would have bet the farm that I had been trying to figure out what to do for at least ten.
So what happened next? I went to do what I decided to do. Five minutes later I was back on the couch going through more possible options.
Here is what this experience has taught me: there was no life before Alicia. At least not one that I have any recollection of. Seriously though, I had to have entertained myself somehow before her, but for the life of me I just can't figure out how. Now, I love video games. But even they don't have savor, unless she is playing with me or doing something else in the room watching, anymore. Watching movies is the same. I believe it is safe to say that she is my addiction of sorts.
Well, I decided to write this post out of boredom (surprise, its the flavor of the years she has been gone) and desperation for something to do.
Also, I guess I want to let her know how much a part of me she is. Life just isn't life without you hun. You make EVERYTHING much more fun, and without you experiences just feel drab. Silly things become memorable experiences when you are here, and I miss you terribly. If anyone has seen my wife, please send her home. (I miss you too Alexa...but this isn't ode to alexa. But please come home too)

P.S. Craig...don't be jealous. We can do yours next. :) and Kim....are you really surprised? :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What time should I come over?