Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter

A couple of days before Easter we made Spring-ish sugar cookies. I wanted to try out a recipe, and I figured it would be a good time to do it! They turned out pretty cute. The ones on the wax paper were the ones we were especially proud of and were keeping for ourselves! :)
We made our Easter baskets. Mike had a ton of candy in his (including a lot of coconut flavored things that I usually avoid) and mine had Newsies (YAY!) and a purple bunny in it. The bunny was a tradition in my family since my very first Easter. My first basket had this purple bunny that I became very attached to, like most people's blankets and things. Each year my parents would get me another bunny to try and replace that first one because it was getting kinda gross. It never worked, but it became tradition, and Mike being the awesome guy that he is, has carried on that tradition the last two Easter's!
I hid the eggs for Mike in the afternoon (he had to work in the morning). I his some really really well! It took him awhile to find all of them.
And Mike took and Easter nap, and I thought it was cute so I took a picture and am now posting it online for everyone else to see:)
So, we had a great Easter, though we were sad Mark and Shauna weren't able to come. I hope everyone else had a great one, too!




1 comment:

Kim said...

I love that you guys celebrate Easter the good old fashioned way. And Alicia, you must be pretty good at hiding eggs if Mike had trouble finding them in an apartment! Looks like you guys had a great Easter, so good in fact you wore Mike out :)