Sunday, December 27, 2009

Alexa Catherine Bevans











She was born this morning at 9:19 at 8 pounds 11 ounces, 21 inches. She was quite a big baby (seeing that I was told she would probably be 7.5 pounds). She was also born with a full head of black curly hair, which the nurses styled after her bath and put a bow in. The only slight complication that occured was that she had some fluid in her lungs, but she was able to cough it all up ok, so all is well. Mike and I are doing well, we're both just exhausted, and I'm a bit sore. Thank goodness for epidurals is all I have to say.




3 comments:

Julia said...

YEAH! Congrats! What a beautiful girl. I love all of the hair. I wish my kids came out with that much hair. How nice to have Mom in town too!

Kim said...

amen to epidurals, and all other drugs! I am glad that she finally came out for you :) I think the newborn sized outfit I bought for her many not fit after all. I guess I will buy a bigger size! You gave birth to quite the little tank :)

Alli said...

Awwww, these pictures are so sweet - I love newborns!!! I have to stop drooling over her (and being jealous of all that hair!) or it might put me into labor - although that might be a good thing.